Friday, August 12, 2016

Friday Video: Messages from Roman Era London

Friday, August 12, 2016
Loretta reports:

After watching a video program like this one, observing the painstaking work involved in reading what amounts to ghost messages, I ought to hesitate to call myself a Nerdy History Girl, but I won't. These really are ghost messages, since they're only the shadows of the originals, unlike an inscription on a monument, say. But you do have to be a history nerd to get excited about the first use of "London"—and the surprising recovery of London after Boudica.


Readers who receive our blog via email might see a rectangle, square, or nothing where the video ought to be.  To watch the video, please click on the title to this post.

2 comments:

D1-D2 said...

I love watching documentaries on netflix, especially the historical ones.

Susan H. said...

That was totally fascinating - thank you! (On a slightly oddball note, it also occurred to me that these writings are almost concurrent with the first New Testament writings, which I think date from about 80 AD. Just interesting to paste together those two time frames.)

 
Two Nerdy History Girls. Design by Pocket